How do you set up a Cowboy Cauldron?
A Cowboy Cauldron is so easy to set up. The first time you set up a Cowboy Cauldron together may take some time as you still learn where every accessory fits best.
What’s in the Cowboy Cauldron box?
The Cowboy Cauldron has been designed to be efficiently functional. One cap pin can hold the whole assembly together. Feel free to take down your Cowboy Cauldron and move it in seconds. The following are the tools and accessories you will find in a Cowboy Cauldron box;
- A Cauldron
- Cover pins
- Cap pin
- Laser-Cut Tripod Cap
- Basin Suspension Chain
- Support legs
- Charcoal Grate Support
- Charcoal grate
Setting up a Cowboy Cauldron
You require no sophisticated tools when setting up a Cowboy Cauldron. If possible, you can set up your Cowboy Cauldron with another person to spend less time on this one task.
The Cowboy Cauldron design is timeless. Even if it may not appear like one at first glance, several design revisions have been put on the final product, which is now on sale.
Follow the six steps below when setting up your Cowboy Cauldron;
Step 1: Slide the legs into the cap tubes.
Step 2: Let your suspension go up through the hole in the cap.
Step 3: Push the cap pin through the chain link on top of the cap.
Step 4: With help from another person or alone, if you can, lift the Cauldron handle onto the hook.
Step 5: If you opt to use charcoal, put the charcoal grate support inside the basin and put the charcoal grate on top.
Step 6: Position the cover on top and push the pins in place.
What should the temperature be in a Cowboy Cauldron?
Use a thermometer to monitor a Cowboy Cauldron temperature between 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature should be high enough to kill any microorganisms but not so high to toughen the meat.
How far should your Cowboy Cauldron be from your house?
First things first. Your Cowboy Cauldron should be at least 10 feet away from any structure or house. Before lighting your Cowboy Cauldron, ensure that the weather conditions are safe for fire lighting. Don't light your Cowboy Cauldron in windy or rainy weather conditions.
Tips for the effective use of your Cowboy Cauldron
- Burn the fuel source (wood, charcoal) in the bottom of the basin because the Cowboy Cauldron is designed to burn most efficiently in the basin bottom. You don't need to use the charcoal grate for airflow.
- Start making Cowboy Cauldron set up preparations early. If you are cooking for a group, begin a fire at least one hour earlier. Use more charcoal or wood, as you deem enough for your group meals.
- Do you want a bright, happy campfire? If so, use smaller wood pieces stacked in a teepee shape to produce tall, bright flames.
- If you want to have a bed of deep, stable coals, stack your wood flat. This is the simplest way to form a bed of coals without a flame so hot as to burn your precious food.
- If you suspect a big storm coming or don't plan to use your Cowboy Cauldron for a few weeks, tip the Cowboy Cauldron off-center so that the water will run off the cover
- Start the fire underneath your Cauldron, and let the party begin! Clean out all the ashes, rinse, and coat the inside of the basin using a thin vegetable oil coat. If the oil starts to smoke from the heat, you are ready to prepare your meals.
- Ensure that you are wearing pants that cover your legs when setting up your Cowboy Cauldron. The pants get pretty darn hot and not your delicate skin.
Tips for a fantastic grilling party after setting up your Cowboy Cauldron
- Grill and serve local food. Don't make assumptions that only protein-rich foods get grill treatment. Feel free to grill something as simple as a full head of local romaine or butter lettuce. Cut these in half and grill with their face down. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and serve your people with a bare shaving of Parmesan cheese.
- Don’t turn the food repeatedly. Seriously, people who cook food on grills find it challenging to leave the food to cook in peace. They are constantly turning food over and over for the sake of doing it. Listen up! It would help to let the food being cooked over fire stay long enough to brown. I mean dark brown. Maybe even the food should be black, especially on areas where it touches the grill.
- Mix up the food. Everyone has had steaks, crabs, hot dogs, vegetables, and burgers all in one meal. You can mix up all the foods you intend to eat at your grilling party and live life like you are in charge when grilling.
- Get your guests involved. Bring different kinds of food, which your guests can choose from, and grill for themselves. This is great for getting everyone at the party together at the fire pit.
- Take your grilling party to the streets. Go to the beach, streets, or anywhere interesting. Remember, your Cowboy Cauldron can be moved around easily. And, they also draw more attention from by-passers who may want to join you for company. Instead of going to the usual backyard, you can take your grilling party somewhere cool and build memorable events.
- Cook on a spit. It's easy to do. Don't assume that you have to prepare a whole pig, which is large enough to occupy the entire space. You can also cook sizable meats and vegetables so long as you don't leave only bones for your guests to eat.
Set up a Cowboy Cauldron per the product manual. Feel free to set up your Cowboy Cauldron in a cool place, which will ignite memorable moments. The Cowboy Cauldron fire pit has several uses, which businesses and homeowners will all enjoy. Utilize it as a fire pit to keep you warm during cold nights as you hang out with friends or grill up some burgers and a steak.
Chef Tyler Florence on Cowboy Cauldron
Where to buy a Cowboy Cauldron
You're in luck. Flames Depot is one of the few companies authorized to sell Cowboy Cauldrons, so look no further! We have experts standing by to assist with any of your questions.
Chat with us! ➡
Flames Depot LLC
1621 Central Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82001
THE DUDE® is our newest, lightest, and most affordable Cauldron, and is a proud addition to the Cowboy Cauldron lineup.
Scaled for an active lifestyle, THE DUDE® is what you’ve been waiting for – even if you didn’t know it until now!
Made from solid plate steel, just like our other models, THE DUDE® has a 24” basin weighing in at 35 pounds. Big enough to hold a normal campfire, it comes with a grill, rain cover, and more.
You probably aren’t a professional chef. But if you are, buy this unit.
Chef’s who use the Wrangler need a big visual for the show, but also need to move it around. If you aren’t actually cooking for a living, but are the type of host(ess) whose friends constantly suggest should open a restaurant, then here’s your Cauldron. With versatility that can only be matched by the Ranch Boss, but without the extra capacity and weight, the Wrangler is “right in the pocket” for lots of folks.
And even if you never roast so much as a hot dog on it, the ambience and beauty of The Wrangler will set you, and your yard, apart from all the others in ways you already intuit.
We don’t need to describe why you need it. You already know.
The Urban Cowboy
The Urban Cowboy provides plenty of warmth for a gathering of three to six, and will extend your outdoor life by weeks in both the spring and fall. The 30 inch basin provides all the space you need for serious home entertainment, but doesn’t require the same commitment of space our larger units do. A typical campfire easily fits inside an Urban Cowboy, and you have the option to go really big, should you want to (and believe me, we’ve done it…). Arguably our most versatile unit, one person can put an Urban Cowboy into a truck to take it to the tailgate party, or wherever else your wandering bone might take you.
The Ranch Boss
Even if it is not burning, just looking at the Ranch Boss gives you a feeling of confidence, quality, and timelessness. It is this, perhaps more even than its astonishing versatility and functionality, that sets the Cowboy Cauldron apart from everything else on the market. This is the one to buy, if you can.
It is why they now grace some of the world’s most esteemed resort properties, vineyards, and hotels, as well as backyards, worldwide.
If you want to get your inner Francis Mallman fired up, you can do layered fires. You can scald a hog, then cook it on a rotisserie. Or you can just look out the window and know that you have something sitting there that is the best in the world.
Cowboy Cauldron is purchase you will simply never regret.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to one of our Cowboy Cauldron experts here at Flames Depot!
Chat with us! ➡
Flames Depot LLC
1621 Central Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82001